RHINOPLASTYRhinoplasty treatment cost, outcomes and risks
Rhinoplasty or nose job, is a procedure for correcting and reconstructing the nose. There are two broad categories for rhinoplasty. Reconstructive surgery improves or restores the functioning of the nose, whereas cosmetic surgery improves the aesthetics / appearance of the nose
How is Rhinoplasty Performed
Rhinoplasty /nose job can be done by an open technique with small cut incision at the base of nose between nostrils or closed technique with internal incision. STEPS OF RHINOPLASTY WE DIVIDE NOSE INTO BONY AND CARTILAGINOUS PARTS to plan surgical steps For correcting bony part osteotomies / rasping isrequired for saddle or depressed nose augmention is done with septal/rib/ear cartilage. If the wall between two sides of nose (septum)is deviated septal correction may be needed.
Initially during early post-operative period there may be swelling around eyes and cheek. Swelling subsides after 3 weeks. 90% of change will be noticeable after 1 month. Minimal changes happen over a period of 1 year. So final result is assessed after 1 year.
- Cost varies based on the type of Rhinoplasty performed (Functional vs Cosmetic)
- Total cost is made up of Anesthesia charges, Operation theatre charges, ICU charges, Surgeon charges, Medicines and room, Equipment charges depending on usage.
- Based on the above factors cost range from INR 60,000 to 1,00,000.
Cost of Rhinoplasty in Hyderabad
- Plaster of paris is applied over forehead and nose for 21 days to avoid post operative oedema and to fix fractured fragments.
- Alternately aluminium splint can be kept after 15 days
- Need for additional surgery
- Numbness around nose
- Painor discoloration of nose during early days
- Thick columellar scar
Possible risks of Rhinoplasty
- Preoperatively photographs are taken
- Regular meals can be taken on the night before surgery.
- Aspirin should be avoided as it may lead to increased bleeding.
- Patient should be on empty stomach for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- Blood investigations like CBP ,Blood grouping and RH typing, PT APTT , bleeding and clotting profiles , Renal function test, viral screening are done.
- Smoking should be stopped
Preparation for Rhinoplasty